Tuesday, February 1, 2011

First Paragraph

“We’re already on our way, and NOW you decide we’re not going to school?”  
“Cassidy, its ‘national have fun day’” Amelia said as if it was obvious.
“Yeah, and its ‘national I have a math test day’”. 
“Funny…You think I’m joking, but I’m getting off at the next stop and if you don’t come with me, I’m going to be all alone.” Amelia said, confident that she was actually going to get her way.
Cassidy sighed with defeat. She saw that there was no changing her mind. Whatever Amelia was planning she was going to have to do. She couldn’t just let her roam off alone in the city after all. Still it was tempting…. She thought back to the math test she would miss, and the English quiz and that science project she still had to finish.
Had she really become so boring? Ever since she started school, she’s done nothing but school work. Maybe a day off was a good idea… I mean what’s the harm?

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia,
    Your story is very interesting. I can't wait until you write more. You did a very good job using paragraphs and dialog. I also love how you started off your first paragraph with a quote and then just went right into your story. The only thing I recommend is maybe put some more dialog in your story or even just explain your scenery just a little bit more.

    - Meghan

    ReplyDelete